Rig Count for Oct. 20, 2012
A count on oil and natural gas rigs, as of Friday, operating in Colorado, Wyoming and the U.S. overall, according to Baker Hughes, Inc., a Houston-based energy consulting company:
• Colorado has 63 rigs online — 2 more than Oct. 12, but 17 less than Oct. 21, 2011.
• Wyoming has 50 rigs online — 1 more than Oct. 12, but 7 less than Oct. 21, 2011.
• The U.S. has 1,839 rigs online — 4 more than Oct. 12, but 174 less than Oct. 21, 2011.
Of those rigs:
— 1,774 are working on land, 16 in inland waters, and 49 offshore.
— 1,410 are drilling for oil, 427 for natural gas.
— 200 wells are directional, 1,114 are horizontal, and 525 are vertical.
As of the close of trading Thursday:
• Crude oil closed up 3 cents from a week ago at $92.10 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange.
• Colorado Southeast crude oil closed at the same price as a week ago at $79.35 a barrel.
• Colorado Western crude oil closed at the same price as a week ago at $78.88 a barrel.
• Wyoming Sweet crude oil closed up 3 cents from a week ago at $83.10 a barrel.
• Natural gas closed down 1 cent from a week ago at $3.59 per 10,000 million British thermal units or MMBtu.
— Information compiled by Joe Moylan, Craig Daily Press
9:02 a.m. On the 1000 block of Sage Court, community services personnel in Craig responded to a code enforcement call. A resident was issued a verbal warning for a code violation.