Fitness Tip: Swimming a great activity for fun and fitness
Swimming offers health benefits for the mind and body and is accessible to people who are unable to participate in other forms of exercise. A post on the blog Jen Reviews provides a compilation of the top eight health benefits offered by swimming. according to science. They are as follows.
• Swimming fights tiredness by improving oxygen intake and energy use in the body.
• Swimming protects the heart and cardiovascular system.
• Swimming provides social support and aids mental health and development.
• Learning to swim reduces the chance of drowning.
• The risk of contracting certain chronic illnesses drops with swimming exercise.
• Swimming supports a healthy and longer life.
• As a low-impact exercise, swimming causes less overall damage to muscles and joints.
• A correlation exists between swimming and an overall decrease in body fat percentage.
To review five tips for better swimming, visit jenreviews.com/swimming.
Mind Springs Health was dealt a severe blow to its community crisis services this week with the announcement that the state of Colorado would transition away from using the mental health care company effective July 1.