Moffat County’s Elias Peroulis grapples greatly at All-State competition
June 13, 2018
A final match was a meaningful one for one Moffat County High School wrestler.
Recent MCHS graduate Elias Peroulis got the opportunity to represent the Bulldogs during the All-State Games hosted by Colorado High School Coaches Association June 5 to 9 at Alamosa’s Adams State University.
CHSCA offers competitions for outstanding athletes in football, volleyball, cross country, softball, spirit, basketball and wrestling, with several days of workouts and team-building before the big finale.
Peroulis — whose older brother Stelios competed in the organization’s All-State football game in 2016 — took a defeat by decision to Fowler’s Dahlton McGee, though he said the experience was amazing albeit bittersweet.
“Wrestling has been a part of life since I was little and it's crazy that's it's all over,” he said. “Wrestling has taught me so many essential things that I couldn't learn anywhere else. Overall being nominated to wrestle in the event made my last match so much more memorable because I got to have it there.”
Besides being part of two state-placing relay groups in track and field, Peroulis finished his senior year of wrestling fourth in 3A’s 182-pound weight class, as well as a regional champion leading up to that. MCHS Coach Dennis Fredrickson also provided him the Bulldog Team Leader Award and Heart of a Champion MVP.
Trending In: Sports
- Colorado OTC, leftover hunting licenses on sale this week
- Craig Pool Complex opens for summer season Wednesday
- Art of the arrow: Moffat County 4-H archers set for state shoot
- CNCC soccer adds Moffat County’s Nayeli Perez Rodriguez, new coach Kevin Hurtado
- Fifth Quarter festivities include skating, volleyball: Craig Sports Briefs for March 2, 2018
- Update: Craig mother asks for help to locate son, missing since Thursday
- New wildfires erupt in Northwest Colorado
- Missing Craig boy found after being spotted at fairgrounds
- Bar fight results in arrest: On the Record — Aug. 10 through 12, 2018
- Silver Creek Fire closes in on Latigo Ranch, prompting evacuation