Youth wrestling offers free camp with national champ
July 14, 2017
This month, the grapplers of Northwest Colorado will have an opportunity to train with an athlete who's been to some of the highest levels of competition.
Moffat County Youth Wrestling will host a free wrestling camp July 24 and 25 with college wrestler Gabe Dean, a national collegiate champion.
While competing for Cornell University, Dean won back-to-back NCAA titles in 2015 and 2016, finishing his time with the team with a record of 152-7, his win tally breaking a school record.
Among his myriad honors were receiving NCAA All-American, New York State Champion, Eastern Intercollegiate Wrestling Association champion and First Team All-Ivy League all four years of his college career.
Dean is working with numerous programs across the country this summer to teach crucial skills in the sport, as well as speak about his journey in life through wrestling.
MCYW's camp with Dean will offer multiple sessions for middle school and high school ages July 24 and 25 at Craig Middle School, 915 Yampa Ave.
Recommended Stories For You
Sessions will take place from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m., noon to 3:30 p.m. and 6:30 to 8 p.m.
For more information and to register, contact Gayle Zimmerman at 970-629-2065 or email@example.com.
Trending In: Sports
- Moffat County couple suffers brain injuries after ranch accident
- Internet service failure disrupts communication for law enforcement, businesses in Moffat County
- Search called off for missing Front Range man believed to be in Steamboat Lake area
- Grand Junction man arrested on kidnapping charges in Mesa County
- Fraudsters pretend to be Craig law enforcement: On the Record — Nov. 9 through 11