Fifth Quarter festivities include skating, volleyball: Craig Sports Briefs for March 2, 2018
March 1, 2018
Bear River Young Life and Grand Futures Prevention Coalition will host Fifth Quarter activities for high school students this weekend following the Moffat County High School girls basketball playoff games.
Friday night will be an ice skating party from 9 to 11 p.m. at Moffat County Ice Arena, 600 S. Ranney St. Admission will be $5 with skate rental, $3 for those who bring their own skates. Pizza and hot chocolate will be available.
Saturday will be black light volleyball games from 8 to 10 p.m. at Boys & Girls Club of Craig, 1324 E. Highway 40. Admission is $1 per person or $5 per team. Food and drinks will be available.
For more information, call 970-629-9600.
Shotgun shooters welcome for Craig Trap Club's Polar Bear League season
Recommended Stories For You
Craig Trap Club's Polar Bear League runs through March 31 for shotgun shooters at US Highway 40 and Moffat County Road 64.
Sessions are twice weekly at 10 a.m. Sundays or 6 p.m. Thursdays.
Daytime shoots involve fluorescent orange targets, while evening activities use white targets under spotlights.
Polar Bear sessions are open to individuals and families with a $60 registration fee for the league, with practice rounds $5 for club members and $6 for non-members.
A full league shooting includes 300 total targets — 100 from the 16-yard line for handicap classification, 100 more from either the 20- or 25-yard line and another 100 from 16. Shooting can be done all in one day or throughout the season.
CTC can help newcomers with equipment, though shooters need to buy their own ammunition as well as have proper ear protection, safety glasses and ammo pouches.
For more information on Craig Trap Club's Polar Bear League requirements, call 970-629-8437, 970-629-9586 or 970-824-6544 or visit Facebook.com/CraigTrapClub.
Thunder Rolls welcomes Craig kids for youth bowling league
Youth bowling leagues are available for the season, from 4 to 6 p.m. Sundays at Thunder Rolls Bowling Center, 990 Industrial Ave.
Age groups include Pee Wees for ages 3 to 6, Bantams 7 to 12 and High Rollers ages 13 to 20.
Prices are $2.50 per session for Peewees. Bantams and High Rollers are $7 and also include a one-time membership fee.
For more information and league rates, call 970-824-BOWL (2695) or visit thunderrollsbowlingcenter.com.
Trending In: Sports
- Weekend Roundup: Happy hoops, poker power, snowshoe speed
- Craig Middle School track finishes season with 12 new records
- Delta deals a defeat to Moffat County baseball
- Hoop dreams: Moffat County’s Brooke Gumber signs with Gillette College basketball
- Moffat County swimmers 4th at conference finals, finish regular season with state times in 9 events
- Video captures moose chasing skiers Saturday at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Municipal polling cast into doubt — Moffat County County Clerk’s office has no one certified to conduct elections
- Steamboat woman arrested, charged with distributing heroin
- Craig teen with muscular dystrophy inducted as honorary firefighter
- Marijuana back on Craig City Council agenda for Tuesday