Obituary: Robert (Bob) Nicodemus
February 8, 2018
Sept. 1, 1918 — Feb. 4, 2018
Robert (Bob) Nicodemus passed away peacefully in Cortez, Colorado on Feb. 4, 2018, at the age of 99. He was born in Juniper Springs, Colorado, on Sept. 1, 1918 and lived his life in Craig.
Bob enlisted in the U.S. Navy, where he served in WWII; he saw action in the Pacific Theaters aboard the Destroyer the USS Key 348.
Bob will be remembered for his quick and wonderful dry sense of humor and his shy grin, along with the history in the stories he told. His parents Nicolas and Lulu, brother Roy, Richard, sister Ruby and wife Berdena preceded him in death.
He is survived by his son Alman (Mary Ann) Nicodemus of Craig and daughter Dena (John) Fletcher of Cortez; six grandchildren; and eight great-grandchildren.
Graveside services, with military honors, will be held at 1 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 13, 2018, at Craig Cemetery.
Trending In: People
- Moffat County couple suffers brain injuries after ranch accident
- Assault on deputy in Moffat County jail results in arrest for attempted murder
- Assault on a Moffat County Sheriff’s deputy might be linked to Colorado prison gang
- Officials believe they’ve discovered body of missing Front Range man in North Routt County
- Internet service failure disrupts communication for law enforcement, businesses in Moffat County