Obituary: Robert (Bob) Nicodemus
February 8, 2018
Sept. 1, 1918 — Feb. 4, 2018
Robert (Bob) Nicodemus passed away peacefully in Cortez, Colorado on Feb. 4, 2018, at the age of 99. He was born in Juniper Springs, Colorado, on Sept. 1, 1918 and lived his life in Craig.
Bob enlisted in the U.S. Navy, where he served in WWII; he saw action in the Pacific Theaters aboard the Destroyer the USS Key 348.
Bob will be remembered for his quick and wonderful dry sense of humor and his shy grin, along with the history in the stories he told. His parents Nicolas and Lulu, brother Roy, Richard, sister Ruby and wife Berdena preceded him in death.
He is survived by his son Alman (Mary Ann) Nicodemus of Craig and daughter Dena (John) Fletcher of Cortez; six grandchildren; and eight great-grandchildren.
Graveside services, with military honors, will be held at 1 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 13, 2018, at Craig Cemetery.
Trending In: People
- ATV accident north of Craig sends woman to hospital
- Musical instrument theft from Craig Middle School ends in sour note
- Memorial service planned for Chad Jones; community invited to celebrate life
- Memorial Regional Health affiliates with SCL Health St. Mary’s
- Hayden community mourns death of high school wrestling coach