Obituary: Mabel Moore
July 12, 2018
Feb. 1, 1926 — June 24, 2018
Mabel, age 92 of Dumas, Texas, passed away Sunday, June 24, 2018. Services were Friday, June 29, 2018, at Morrison Memorial Chapel, with Pastor Seth Seale officiating. Interment was at Northlawn Memorial Gardens.
Mabel was born Feb. 1, 1926, in Crocker, Missouri, to Hank and Justy (Hatch) Longbine. She grew up in Crocker and later moved to Craig, where she was the assistant manager at Safeway until her retirement. She then moved to Dumas. Mabel loved sewing, cooking and taking care of people. She also enjoyed her flowers and loved gardening.
She was a member of the North Plains Christian Church.
She is preceded in death by her parents, one brother, three sisters, a son, John Paul, and daughter, Ethel Mae.
Mabel is survived by sons Charles of Higbee, of Missouri, and Clarence Jr, of Tonto Basin Arizone; daughters Judy Heaney and husband Dennis, of Elk Springs; Vera Farrell, of Dumas; Wanda Jeffrey, of Colorado Springs; and Rita Banks and husband Bobby, of Dumas; and several grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
Trending In: People
- Community rolls in to help survivor of brutal attack with medical expenses
- Union wireless system outage impacts calls made to, from customer cellphones
- Craig police make multiple warrant arrests: On the Record for Monday, July 16
- I just felt like running: On the record July 13 through July 15
- Silver Bullet scores as Yampa Valley Golf Course’s top women’s tourney