Obituary: Helen LaDonne Brewer
August 17, 2017
Helen LaDonne Brewer: Beloved mother, grandmother, sister.
On Aug. 14, LaDonne passed away and is now forever remembered by a family who loved her dearly. She will certainly be missed by all who ever knew her.
LaDonne grew up in Glendale, California, and lived in Southern California most of her adult life before moving to Craig. She had a long career with JPL (NASA) in Pasadena, California, and worked on the Mars Rover project until she retired. One of her brothers once asked her what she did there and she replied, "If I told you I would have to kill you". It was part of her nature to be funny. After she retired, she moved to Craig to be with her three very special children, Starla Stuart, Lora Gowdy and Danny Brewer. LaDonne also loved her grandchildren so much, Ashley Marks, Cole and Chase Stuart and Noah Gowdy. She was also blessed to have great grandchildren Maddox Marks and Cameron Stuart. She was also very proud of her sons-in-laws Darren Stuart and Jonathon Marks and her daughter-in-law Jerriann Brewer. Her family was everything to her.
She is survived by her brother Richard Hopper of Reno Nevada as well as the above mentioned family.
LaDonne was preceded in death by her parents Virgil and Helen Hopper (Smith), brothers Virgil Hopper and William (Bill) Hopper.
We will all miss you sweetie, but we are also at peace knowing that you have been welcomed home to heaven with open arms. You lived a good and blessed life. Isaiah 12:2
Trending In: People
- Man with history of strangulation charges too combative to appear in court
- Highway rollover kills driver near Walden
- Craig woman to serve six months in jail after pleading guilty to arson
- UPDATED at 1:15 p.m.: Intermittent power outages continue to impact Yampa Valley Electric Association customers Friday
- UPDATED 1 p.m.: Moffat, Routt County Schools will open despite power outage, storm