Obituary: Donald Eakins
February 20, 2018
Oct. 29, 1922 – Feb. 4, 2018
Loving father and grandfather, compassionate dentist, avid fisherman and WWII veteran Dr. Donald Eakins passed away in Grand Junction, Colorado, at 95 years old. His wife of 65 years, Edwina “June” (Klippert), passed before him in 2007.
He is survived by sons John (Kristin Hjelle) and Mark (Wanda), and four grandchildren, Loren, Shaula, Ryan and Rachel Eakins.
Comments and more on Don’s life can be found at brownscremationservice.com. Service to be held at Grand Junction Veteran’s Memorial Cemetery at 1 p.m. Friday, Feb. 23, with reception at First Presbyterian Church to follow.
His family will always remember his humor, generosity and constant love.
Trending In: People
- Hayden community mourns death of high school wrestling coach
- Memorial service planned for Chad Jones; community invited to celebrate life
- Country music star Michael Martin Murphey donates maps to museum, plans return for second benefit concert
- JP Price scores big with special touchdown during Craig Middle School games with Steamboat
- Toy car strikes real car: On the Record — Monday, Sept. 17