Obituary: Donald Eakins
February 20, 2018
Oct. 29, 1922 – Feb. 4, 2018
Loving father and grandfather, compassionate dentist, avid fisherman and WWII veteran Dr. Donald Eakins passed away in Grand Junction, Colorado, at 95 years old. His wife of 65 years, Edwina “June” (Klippert), passed before him in 2007.
He is survived by sons John (Kristin Hjelle) and Mark (Wanda), and four grandchildren, Loren, Shaula, Ryan and Rachel Eakins.
Comments and more on Don’s life can be found at brownscremationservice.com. Service to be held at Grand Junction Veteran’s Memorial Cemetery at 1 p.m. Friday, Feb. 23, with reception at First Presbyterian Church to follow.
His family will always remember his humor, generosity and constant love.
Trending In: People
- 3rd Craig resident arrested on meth distribution charges related to December incident
- Romance rekindled: Moffat County high school sweethearts prove it’s never too late to find someone to love
- Puppy love: Moffat County students win Cutest Couple contest
- Remembering an icon: Carol Brett-Beumer left indelible mark on adopted home
- Northwest Colorado native opens region’s first Direct Primary Care practice