Obituary: Donald Eakins
February 20, 2018
Oct. 29, 1922 – Feb. 4, 2018
Loving father and grandfather, compassionate dentist, avid fisherman and WWII veteran Dr. Donald Eakins passed away in Grand Junction, Colorado, at 95 years old. His wife of 65 years, Edwina “June” (Klippert), passed before him in 2007.
He is survived by sons John (Kristin Hjelle) and Mark (Wanda), and four grandchildren, Loren, Shaula, Ryan and Rachel Eakins.
Comments and more on Don’s life can be found at brownscremationservice.com. Service to be held at Grand Junction Veteran’s Memorial Cemetery at 1 p.m. Friday, Feb. 23, with reception at First Presbyterian Church to follow.
His family will always remember his humor, generosity and constant love.
Trending In: People
- Craig teen shoots self in thigh, hand, while showing firearm to friends: On the Record — Thursday, Nov. 15
- Beetle-killed timber presents business opportunities across Colorado Rockies
- Sen. Bennet introduces legislation to combat a disease devastating deer and elk populations
- Man found dead in North Routt County remembered as ‘family man’
- Assault on a Moffat County Sheriff’s deputy might be linked to Colorado prison gang