Obituary: Deborah Chance Hansen
July 13, 2017
Heaven gained an angel July 5, 2017, as Deborah Chance Hansen went to be with the Lord. Debbie fought a long and hard battle with cancer, which ultimately took her life.
Debbie was born Deborah Lynne Chance on March 10, 1959. She was preceded in death by husband, Mike Hansen, her brother Clay, father Hoyt, and mother Carol Mayfield. She leaves behind son; Zachary Clay Hansen and stepdad Don Mayfield.
Debbie moved to Craig in 1999. She loved being an at home mom and wife. She was a dedicated Cub and Boy Scout leader for Pack 199 for 4 years. After Mike's death, she worked various jobs. She subbed for MCSD for many years before her most recent job at Walgreens.
Her bubbly personality and infectious laugh made her a pleasure to work with. Debbie's customers miss her very much. Debbie did everything with determination and held nothing back, which deemed her, "No Filter Debbie". Debbie's friends miss her dearly and much of that is because she was so much fun. Debbie could create excitement without even trying and many shenanigans to prove it!
Debbie was surrounded by family and friends during her final days. Her greatest hero was her Marine son Zach who showed her such love and compassion during her final weeks as he helped provide care for her.
Memorial contributions to defray final expenses will be taken at Bank of the San Juans. At her request there will be no funeral. A celebration of life is planned Saturday, July 29. Meet at Pebble Beach at 10 a.m. to float to Loudy Simpson. Come at noon for potluck to share stories and laughs.
Trending In: People
- Beetle-killed timber presents business opportunities across Colorado Rockies
- Horse rescued from northern Colorado feedlot turns out to be descendant of Triple Crown winner
- Sen. Bennet introduces legislation to combat a disease devastating deer and elk populations
- Autopsy reports show cruelty of killings, body disposal in Christopher Watts case
- Craig’s Geoffrey Duzik arraigned on 7 felony charges related to alleged jail assault