December 19, 2015
Rose Horn, 84, passed away on December 12.
Rose was born December 20th, 1930 to Otto and Bertha Ramstetter, and grew up in Golden Gate Canyon, outside of Golden.
In 1952 Rose married Raymond Horn and joined his parents on their ranch. In 1964 they purchased the ranch in McCoy where the family continues to ranch today.
Rose worked hard right alongside her husband and sons, riding, irrigating and haying, while cooking and caring for the home. She continued to do all the paperwork, cow records and finances until her last days.
She will be remembered for her faith, her genuine warmth, her wisdom, those blue eyes that twinkled and her infectious smile.
Rose is survived by sons Carl, Gary (Brita), Dale (Rena), and Glen (Angie), grandchildren CJ (Melissa), Chelsea, Adam, Nathan, Abigail and Izabel, and 3 great-grandchildren.
Memorial services are December 21, 2015 at 11:00 am, at the McCoy Community Center in McCoy, Colorado. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to the McCoy Community Church.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Moffat County’s Kasen Brennise staying tough following rodeo accident
- Norwood man implicated in deaths of two kids at hands of doomsday cult accepts plea deal
- 2 Moffat County High School students drive away winners of the ‘Aspire to Excellence Car Give Away’
- Yampa Valley Golf’s Bar for the Course shoots for success
- House cats reportedly poisoned: On the Record May 23