Jean Adele Stratton
December 19, 2015
Jean Adele Stratton, of Steamboat Springs passed away in the early hours of Nov. 30th, 2015.
Jean was born to Clyde and Margaret Hutchinson, of Yuma, Colorado on Sept 19th, 1945. Her early life was spent on the farm and as a student in Fort Collins where she earned a 4 year degree from Colorado State University. While a student at CSU Jean met her future husband and father of her children Ken Stratton.
After brief stints in Greeley and Delta, Colorado, Ken and Jean purchased the Ben Franklin store in Steamboat Springs In 1972. For the next 42 years they were prominent members of the business community and had several other business ventures most notably including The Franklin Mall and Favorite Things.
In retirement Jean focused on the simple pleasures that brought her joy; the laughter of her grandchildren, the purr of her cats, and reinvesting in her childhood hobby of playing the piano. Jean was a quiet, reserved and caring soul who loved her family deeply. She will forever be missed and cherished by all of her family and friends.
Jean is survived by her children, sons Kenton and Dustin, daughter Kristi (Coxon) and her husband Kenny of Steamboat as well as son Nicolas and his wife Morgan of Fort Collins. She will also be remembered by grandchildren Zack, Tori, and Emma (Coxon), brother Clyde and wife Joan (Hutchinson) of Oakland, California, brother Gordon and wife Ilene (Hutchinson) of Fort Collins, Colorado, as well as many more nieces, nephews, family and friends. Jean is preceded in death by her husband of 46 years Ken.
A celebration of life is being planned for spring. In lieu of flowers please make a donation to the Boys and Girls Club or the Routt County Humane Society.
- Moffat County’s Kasen Brennise staying tough following rodeo accident
- 2 Moffat County High School students drive away winners of the ‘Aspire to Excellence Car Give Away’
- Craig Police seek information on man wanted for burglary
- Graduation 2018: Moffat County sports honors top student-athletes
- House cats reportedly poisoned: On the Record May 23