LaVern George Glawe, Jr.
November 6, 2015
LaVern "Vern" Glawe of Oak Creek, CO passed away Tuesday, October 27, 2015 at the age of 61 surrounded by family.
Born to Elnor (Baker) and LaVern G. Glawe, Sr., he was raised in Webster City, IA. Vern moved to the Yampa Valley in 1979 when he was offered a position at the Hayden Sta¬tion power plant, which is where he worked as a welder and machinist for over 30 years. In 1981 he married Doris Andes and had three daughters. He was an avid outdoorsman and gifted metal smith and woodworker, but above all, he was a devoted husband and loving father as the quintessential family man. He is predeceased by his mother, Elnor Glawe, his father, LaVern G. Glawe, Sr., his sister, Linda Minard, and his wife, Doris Glawe. He is greatly missed and survived by his sister Laura Weisberg, and his daughters, Kristina (Sean Doran – fiancé) Glawe, Alexandra (Lawrence) Brewster, and Jamie Glawe.
Private services for the family will be held at a later date. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made in Vern's name to Hospice (940 Central Park Drive, Suite 101, Steamboat Springs, CO 80487). Cards can be sent to Kristi Glawe at P.O. Box 770796, Steamboat Springs, CO 80477.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Native American sculptures likely destroyed in Moffat County landfill
- Craig Police seek information on man wanted for burglary
- Retiring teachers, staff chalked-up decades of service to Moffat County School District
- Help sought to recover public art taken from Craig campground
- College board approves sale of Trapper Fitness, free tuition for Moffat County residents