Elizabeth Ann Shepherd
June 12, 2015
Elizabeth Ann (Zan) was born September 29, 1934 to Covell and Ruth Lumley Bayley in Lake City, Minnesota. After graduating from the University of Minnesota in nursing, Zan moved to Denver, Colorado and worked as a nurse at Colorado General. In February of 1959 she and a girlfriend went to Steamboat Springs for winter carnival and there in The Harbor Hotel she met her future husband, Al. She married Al on August 1, 1959 in Lake City, Minnesota. In the following 55 years of marriage, she and Al traveled to Australia, England and 48 of 50 states, and her knitting bag was always in tow. She was a member of ESA and Alpha Tau. Zan is survived by her husband Al of Craig, her children, Kristi of Craig; Shawn (Laura) of Port Orchard, Washington; stepson Mark of Orangeville, California and her two grandpuppies, Crispie and Pepin. Additionally she is survived by her three brothers, Bruce (Barb) of Eau Clair, Wisconsin; John (Sandy) of Sapphire, North Carolina; and Doug (Betty) of Phoenixville, Pennsylvania, her brother-in-laws John (Elaine) of Battlement Mesa, Colorado, and Jim of Fountain Hills, Arizona and many nieces and nephews. Zan was preceded in death by her parents Covell and Ruth Bayley, her in-laws, Mark and Elda Shepherd, brother-in-law Bob Shepherd, sister-in-law Marie Shepherd. Donations may be made to the First Congregational Church in Craig.
- Moffat County couple suffers brain injuries after ranch accident
- Assault on deputy in Moffat County jail results in arrest for attempted murder
- Internet service failure disrupts communication for law enforcement, businesses in Moffat County
- Officials believe they’ve discovered body of missing Front Range man in North Routt County
- Chris Watts’ parents break their silence after son’s guilty plea in murder of wife, daughters