Thelma M. Horton
January 8, 2015
1912 ~ 2015
Thelma M. Horton, 102, of Longmont passed away January 5, 2015 at her residence. She was born December 1, 1912 in Steamboat Springs, Colorado to William I. and Margaret Frances (Cullen) Stees.
Thelma moved to Longmont from Steamboat Springs in 1973, she was a sales clerk for J.C. Penny's for forty two years retiring when she was sixty five.
Thelma was of the Catholic faith and a member of the VFW Ladies Auxiliary and the Royal Neighbors. She enjoyed cooking, and was known as the candy lady at the Regent. Thelma was also the oldest newspaper delivery person for the Longmont Daily Times Call.
She was preceded in death by her parents, a son-in-law Ray Kuhlmann, a grandson Doug Kuhlmann, three brothers and one sister.
Thelma is survived by her daughter Cathy Kuhlmann, and sister-in-law Charlene Stees and numerous nieces and nephews.
Recommended Stories For You
Visitation will be 2:30 PM to 3:30 PM Saturday January 10, 2015 with funeral service to follow at 3:30 PM at the Ahlberg Funeral Chapel. Cremation to follow service. Contributions can be made to charity of donor's choice and sent in care of Ahlberg Funeral Chapel. Share condolences at http://www.ahlbergfuneralchapel.com.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Moffat County’s Kasen Brennise staying tough following rodeo accident
- Native American sculptures likely destroyed in Moffat County landfill
- Craig Police seek information on man wanted for burglary
- 2 Moffat County High School students drive away winners of the ‘Aspire to Excellence Car Give Away’
- Little Yampa Canyon campsites unveiled at Colorado Public Lands Day