Joan C. “Joann” Paulovich
December 5, 2011
Joan C. "Joann" Paulovich was born July 11, 1934, in Denver, the daughter of Vernon and Ruth (Eads) Hendrickson. She was raised and attended school in Arvada.
Joann moved to Craig when she was in her early 20s. She married Max Paulovich in July 1957 in Las Vegas, N.M.
They became the parents of four daughters.
Joann worked many years as a telephone operator for Mountain Bell and then worked for the Empire Courier, County Extension Office and the Golden Cavvy.
She enjoyed playing the piano, reading, cooking, decorating her home and her flowers.
Joann died Thursday, Nov. 24, 2011, at Sandrock Ridge Care and Rehabilitation Center following a lengthy illness.
She is survived by daughters Sue (Ray) Paulovich-Serrano, of Craig, Becky (Kyle) Schanck, of Casper, Wyo., Sherry Sampson, of Craig, and Julie (Bill) Green, of Craig; grandchildren Chanell, Nicholas, Yvonne, Jackilyne, Michael, Daniel, Crystal and Max; great-granddaughter Angelica; and brother John (LuAnn) Hendrickson, of Denver.
She was preceded in death by her parents and brother Jerry.
A graveside service was Tuesday, Nov. 29, 2011, at Craig Cemetery with Dean Davidson officiating.
Pallbearers were Michael, Dan and Bill Green, Ray Serrano, Nick Solace and Kyle Schanck.
Memorial donations may be made to Sandrock Ridge Care and Rehabilitation Center, in care of Grant Mortuary.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Memorial Regional Health Board of Trustees faces public rancor after PA firing
- Hayden residents under boil water order
- Weekend Roundup: Pumps, pumpkins, haunted houses — 13 Moffat County happenings
- Moffat County cross country teams take 2nd at regional meet to speed along to state
- Panthers pounce on late opportunities as Moffat County football falls to Delta