June 22, 2017
The celebration of life for Diane Shaffer will be Saturday, June 24 at 3:00pm in the Maybell Park.
Diane was born in Union City, New Jersey June 23, 1931. From the time she could remember she dreamed of moving west. After Graduating and instructing the equestrian program for a time at Connecticut University, she married Robert Salt, had a son, John Salt and finally lived her dream, she moved west to Haystack Ranch in Colorado. Where they worked and showed cattle across the nation at numerous stock shows. Diane lost her husband suddenly, Diane and son John continued on with the show cattle. Eventually marrying Albert A. Shaffer of Longmont. In 1978 they move to Craig, Colorado, eventually moving to Maybell, where they both lived out their lives in a community they loved. Diane gave a great deal of her time to her community, sharing he love for animals, as well as part of the amazing community that came together to build the Maybell ambulance building.
Diane is survived by, Sons John Salt and Scott Shaffer, daughter Kim Shaffer. Grandchildren Justin and Michael Salt, Krista and Aaron Shaffer. Great grandchildren Shaye, Ashton and Liam Salt, Graecyn and Daisy Mae Shaffer. Nephew Robert Overfield, Nieces Christine Stutler, and LuAnn Gamble, and several grand, and great grand nieces and nephews.
Bring a chair and a story, will be a potluck, meat is provided, however do not feel you have to bring food, just come and celebrate with us.
Trending In: People
- Northwest Colorado native opens region’s first Direct Primary Care practice
- Craig police chief defends agency against possible consolidation
- 3rd Craig resident arrested on meth distribution charges related to December incident
- Fairy tale love: Newlyweds choose to settle in Craig after a whirlwind romance
- Man pleads to lesser misdemeanor in severe child abuse case in Moffat County court