Letter to the editor: Reader recalls husband’s time at YVEA fondly
July 21, 2017
Reading Ruth Greenwood's letter bought back many wonderful memories to me.
My husband retired from Yampa Valley Electric Association in 1989. The years he worked there were great.
Management and employees respected one another, and that made for a great working environment. It was more like family.
The workers and spouses and families often got together on their days off and would go camping or fishing or playing cards plus many other fun things.
It was a very happy time. Even after retirement, they would get together often. Such happy memories.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the editor
- Beetle-killed timber presents business opportunities across Colorado Rockies
- Horse rescued from northern Colorado feedlot turns out to be descendant of Triple Crown winner
- Sen. Bennet introduces legislation to combat a disease devastating deer and elk populations
- Autopsy reports show cruelty of killings, body disposal in Christopher Watts case
- Craig Middle School’s Sara Linsacum second to none as Assistant Principal of the Year