Letter to the editor: Student gives thanks for financial support
July 8, 2017
This May, I graduated from Moffat County High School.
In the fall, I will be attending Colorado Mesa University to further myself in my goal of achieving a degree, and later a career in aquatic biology. As many of you already realize, or even still remember, the stress of sudden financial instability and rapidly approaching student loans is a genuine worry in regards to the post secondary education of high school students.
However, in this community, there are many caring and supportive organizations and individuals who make it a point to ease the stress of a worrywart like me in their first year in the "real world."
I'd like to thank the community for helping in the pursuit of my dream. To the numerous community organizations and groups who so generously provide scholarships to Moffat County High School seniors like me every year, thank you.
About $60,000 was awarded to MCHS seniors this year. I'd like to add a special thank you to Alex Meininger MD at Steamboat Orthopedic, as well as those who have individually supported me, including Moffat County High School's guidance counselor, Paula Duzik.
If I could give any advice to an incoming freshman of MCHS, it would be to listen and follow Mrs. Duzik around like a puppy. That's what I did, and I'm very grateful for her dedication to the future of her students. I will never forget the kindness that this community has shown me.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Assault on a Moffat County Sheriff’s deputy might be linked to Colorado prison gang
- Craig teen shoots self in thigh, hand, while showing firearm to friends: On the Record — Thursday, Nov. 15
- Sickly mountain lion kitten removed from private home as Colorado Parks and Wildlife reminds public not to disturb baby wildlife
- Man found dead in North Routt County remembered as ‘family man’
- Assault on deputy in Moffat County jail results in arrest for attempted murder