Water lines at Moffat County Fairgrounds to be repaired
February 27, 2018
CRAIG — The Moffat County Board of County Commissioners awarded a bid to repair the water lines beneath the Moffat County Fairgrounds during its regular meeting, held at at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday.
The existing water line was installed in the late 1970s, and through the years, the walls of the pipe have worn thin, causing breaks in the water line.
"If we wait longer, we're going to have lots of issues," said Roy Tipton, director of county development services. "Given the 100-year fair this summer, you know that would probably happen during the fair, so, in order to avoid that, we're going to replace this line and get it done before Memorial Day."
The project will also include installation of a new tap north of the restrooms.
The fair pavilion and grandstand are expected to be without water for about 10 days while the work is completed.
The repair was included in the county's Capitol Improvement Plan two years ago, though, at the time, officials believed they could get an additional two years of use out of the current infrastructure.
The bid was awarded to X Field Services for $79,034.80.
The following actions were also taken during this week's BOCC meeting.
• Commissioners reviewed of two agreements with companies regarding employee benefits.
• Commissioners signed a letter of support for a grant application for Memorial Regional Health.
• Commissioners approved a resolution that will make the county law enforcement work week follow the same days as other county employees. The resolution sets the work week for every county employee from midnight Sunday to 11:59 p.m. Saturday.
• Commissioners signed a contract with Axis Steel Inc. for salvage metal pick up and disposal
• Commissioners awarded a bid for magnesium chloride, for use on county roads, to GMCO Corporation for the amount of $0.707 per gallon.
• Commissioners heard a monthly report from the Department of Human Services
For a complete agenda and monthly schedule of workshops, visit colorado.gov/pacific/moffatcounty/county-commissioner-meetings.