The plates are picked clean and the votes tallied for the annual Horizons Specialized Services Pick a Dish Fundraiser.
People’s Choice awards went to:
• Best Dish — Hatten Enterprises with cook Jason Latham and chef Joanna Hatten
• Second — Sizzling Pickle with cooks Jason Soos and Jamie Ogden and chef Ana Martinez.
• Third — Vallarta’s with cook Bobby Homberg with Chef Roy Nunez
Judges Dave Fleming, Elisa Sullivan, Annette Norton, Lauren Padon, Amanda McDermott, and Darcy Hartman filled up on food before filling in their ballots. Pleasing their palates and winning the votes were:
• Best Dish — KS Kreations with cooks Julianne Malley and Tanya Fishback and chef Kassie Vesely.
• Second — Hiway 40 Grill & Lodge with cook Katlyn Miller and chef David.
• Third — Vallarta’s with cook Bobby Holmberg with Chef Roy Nunez
• Honorable Mention — Ocean Pearl with cooks Bill Mason and Sharon Martinez and chefs Henry and Elisa.
The Dog Days of Summer were on full display this past month, as a variety of concerns pushed stocks and bond yields lower. After reaching new record highs in late July, the S&P 500 Index dropped approximately three percent in August as trade concerns pressured investor sentiment around the world. Impacts of U.S.–China trade tensions reverberated throughout the economy and financial markets in recent weeks, including weakening global manufacturing data and plunging sovereign interest rates.