The Memorial Hospital board of trustees approves emergency purchase, switching audit firms Thursday
At its regular meeting Thursday, the Memorial Hospital at Craig’s board of trustees:
• Unanimously approved medical staff privileges for Ron Danner, OD non-physican healthcare provider staff, optometry; Howard Hezmall, MD associate staff, urology; Brandon Aven, CRNA non-physician healthcare provider staff, CRNA and Anthony Ferrera, MD provisional staff, emergency medicine.
• Unanimously approved the emergency purchase of an ultra-low temp freezer to replace the existing one. The old was no longer reliable at -40 f and the hospital was at risk of losing surgical tissue valued at $7,000. The freezer cost $8,693.51 to replace.
• Unanimously decided and approved switching audit firms from Stockman, Kast, Ryan & Co. to Dingus, Zarecore and Associates. Dingus and Zarecore submitted a significantly lower bid of $76,000 over a three-year period and came out ahead in all areas considered, according to chief financial officer, Bryan Chalmers.
• Unanimously decided to approve the purchase of $450,000 PACs equipment and postpone the digital X-ray upgrade until next year.
• The board discussed at length the process of physician recruitment, and what benefits or improvements might be made.
• The board discussed community perception and employee satisfaction based off initial findings of employee and community satisfaction surveys. Complete results will be discussed at next months meeting.
9:02 a.m. On the 1000 block of Sage Court, community services personnel in Craig responded to a code enforcement call. A resident was issued a verbal warning for a code violation.