Sporting good fun: Outdoor activities abound at Cast ‘N Blast in Craig
August 19, 2017
Before you get an arrow nocked or a fishing line tossed into the water, knowing what comes best is kind of important. Hence, the helpfulness of an event like Colorado Parks and Wildlife's Cast 'N Blast.
The Cast 'N Blast, which took place Saurday at Wyman Living History Museum, offered a chance for sporting people of all experience levels to engage in fishing, arcehry and shotgun shooting.
CPW sponsored the event along with the Wyman Museum, Northwest Colorado Outfitters Chapter, Mule Deer Foundation, Nine Mile Guest Ranch and Northwest Pawn. Volunteers were available to interested in learning the basics of the outdoor sports in an easygoing atmosphere.
"It's a nice kind of park setting with a place to shoot shotgun and archery, and we've stocked a lot of fish in the lake this year," said District Wildlife Manager Jeffrey Goncalves. "It's getting to the end of summer, so people want one more chance to get out and do something."
The activity was an introduction for some, ranging from those who will be heading out into the field for hunting for the first time to young anglers only just learning the ways of catching a fish.
Genevieve Robinson said she had long wanted to get her children, Siaka, Kulia and Liloa, involved in the activity.
Recommended Stories For You
"I'm stoked we get to bring home some poles, I want to keep it up, read 'Fishing for Dummies,' and then we'll start doing that more," she said. "I've been wanting to do this for years, and this is the first one we've made it to."
Robinson added she appreciated the agencies that put on the event and that she hoped to see similar offerings.
"I would have brought my whole block, but I don't think I have enough seats in my car," she laughed.
Trending In: Sports
- Municipal polling cast into doubt — Moffat County County Clerk’s office has no one certified to conduct elections
- Video captures moose chasing skiers Saturday at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Audacious faith, gift from Kum & Go, to bring Craig family together in Malawi, Africa
- The cat’s meow: Western Slope entrepreneur couple pitch feline products on ABC’s ‘Shark Tank’
- Snowy, slick conditions see myriad motorists in need of help: On the Record — Jan. 18 through 20