Six funding requests to be considered by the Moffat County Local Marketing District Thursday, Jan. 10
CRAIG — The organizers of five events will request funding support when they appear before the Moffat County Local Marketing District Board during a meeting at 4 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 10, in the Council Chambers at Craig City Hall, 300 W. Fourth St.
Events proposed for funding include:
• Grand Old West Days and Colorado High School Rodeo Finals, to be presented by Melody Villard.
• Whittle the Wood, to be presented by Dave Pike.
• Colorado’s Great Northwest Fiddle Competition, presented via conference call by Pam Foster, representing the Luttrell Cultural Center committee.
• Moffat County Balloon Festival, presented by Derek Cleverly and Tony St John.
• Craig Historic Ghost Walk, presented by Linda Olson.
The LMD board will also consider an application for funding for the Bear River Young Life Car Show, though no representative is expected to present the request.
Craig Chamber of Commerce Director Jennifer Holloway is also expected to appear before the LMD to introduce a proposal to relocate the Moffat County Visitor Center.
The board will also:
• Review financial reports.
• Set 2019 meeting dates, times, and agenda policies and deadlines.
For more information about the LMD, visit colorado.gov/pacific/moffatcounty/moffat-county-local-marketing-district-2.
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Craig and Moffat County make the Craig Press’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User