Six funding requests to be considered by the Moffat County Local Marketing District Thursday, Jan. 10
CRAIG — The organizers of five events will request funding support when they appear before the Moffat County Local Marketing District Board during a meeting at 4 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 10, in the Council Chambers at Craig City Hall, 300 W. Fourth St.
Events proposed for funding include:
• Grand Old West Days and Colorado High School Rodeo Finals, to be presented by Melody Villard.
• Whittle the Wood, to be presented by Dave Pike.
• Colorado’s Great Northwest Fiddle Competition, presented via conference call by Pam Foster, representing the Luttrell Cultural Center committee.
• Moffat County Balloon Festival, presented by Derek Cleverly and Tony St John.
• Craig Historic Ghost Walk, presented by Linda Olson.
The LMD board will also consider an application for funding for the Bear River Young Life Car Show, though no representative is expected to present the request.
Craig Chamber of Commerce Director Jennifer Holloway is also expected to appear before the LMD to introduce a proposal to relocate the Moffat County Visitor Center.
The board will also:
• Review financial reports.
• Set 2019 meeting dates, times, and agenda policies and deadlines.
For more information about the LMD, visit colorado.gov/pacific/moffatcounty/moffat-county-local-marketing-district-2.
The Memorial Regional Health Foundation received an extra boost in its campaign to raise $1 million in community donations to help fund the completion of MRH’s newest medical office building.