Scholarships available to Moffat County High School students
Editor’s note: Scholarship listings are compiled from information provided by Moffat County High School and other organizations. Unless other instructions are provided, visit MCHS Counselor Paula Duzik or call her at 970-824-7036 for more information and applications.
Due in April
- April 30 — The Cibrowski Family is offering scholarships to seniors who will be attending the Colorado School of Mines or DU in engineering or chemistry.
Due in May
- May 1 — Daughters of the American Revolution is offering the Shannan Koucherik scholarship.
- May 1 — CNCC is offering the CNCC President’s and Dean’s Scholarships to seniors.
- May 1 — Moffat County Cattlewomen is offering a scholarship to seniors pursuing post-secondary training in the agricultural field. Parents or grandparents must be an active member of the association.
- May 11 — The Family of Saed Tayyara is offering the Saed Tayyara Education Trust Fund Scholarship to seniors.
- May 11 — St. John’s the Baptist Greek Orthodox Church is offering one $1,000 scholarship to a senior.
- May 22 — The B. Davis Scholarship is offered to seniors and students currently in post-secondary training. Visit studentawardsearch.com/scholarships for more information.
- May 31 — Positive Coaching Alliance is offering several scholarships to Juniors (11th grade) athletes with a 2.5. visit positivecoach.academicworks.com/users/sign_up for more information.
More scholarship opportunities
- studentscholarships.org and scholarships.com continually update scholarship opportunities.
- collegexpress.com offers several scholarships to seniors.
- Students interested in attending a trade school can apply for an Imagine America Scholarship at imagine-america.org/applyforscholarships.
In early April, pinwheels were planted on the lawn at McDonald’s in Craig to help raise awareness of National Child Abuse Prevention Month.