Rig Count for Oct. 5, 2012
A count on oil and natural gas rigs, as of Friday, operating in Colorado, Wyoming and the U.S. overall, according to Baker Hughes, Inc., a Houston-based energy consulting company:
• Colorado has 62 rigs online — the same as Sept. 28, but 11 less than Oct. 7, 2011.
• Wyoming has 50 rigs online — the same as Sept. 28, but 7 less than Oct. 7, 2011.
• The U.S. has 1,837 rigs online — 11 less than Sept. 28, and 175 less than Oct. 7, 2011.
Of those rigs:
— 1,773 are working on land, 16 in inland waters, and 48 offshore.
— 1,398 are drilling for oil, 437 for natural gas.
— 194 wells are directional, 1,132 are horizontal, and 511 are vertical.
As of the close of trading Thursday:
• Crude oil closed down 27 cents from a week ago at $91.71 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange.
• Colorado Southeast crude oil closed at the same price from a week ago at $79.10 a barrel.
• Colorado Western crude oil closed at the same price from a week ago at $78.63 a barrel.
• Wyoming Sweet crude oil closed up $3.84 from a week ago at $82.71 a barrel.
• Natural gas closed up 65 cents from a week ago at $3.41 per 10,000 million British thermal units or MMBtu.
— Information compiled by Joe Moylan, Craig Daily Press
9:02 a.m. On the 1000 block of Sage Court, community services personnel in Craig responded to a code enforcement call. A resident was issued a verbal warning for a code violation.