Remembering Tory Tovar
Moffat County High School Class of 2015 lost a senior in December
May 23, 2015
The lives of many Moffat County High School students and Craig residents were changed when they heard the news that one of their own was gone.
He will forever be remembered as a fun and loving friend, family member and father. The 17-year-old became a father three months before he died. His son's name is Caemden Jace, and Caemden's mother is Haley Bellin-VanGrandt.
Tovar was raised primarily in Craig by his grandparents, Paul and Reta Hall.
After his death, a candlelight vigil was held at Moffat County High School to honor Tovar’s memory. A large crowd of students, family members and community members gathered in the auditorium to hear a few words from Tony Bohrer, leader of the "If You Really Knew Me" program at MCHS this fall, and Bear River Young Life leader David Pressgrove.
Moffat County High School will honor Tovar at graduation in the following ways:
Recommended Stories For You
• A basket will be on the graduation stage where students can place a flower in remembrance of Tory when they walk up and receive their diplomas.
• Students who want to pin a ribbon on their gown to honor Tory can do so.
• Tory will be honored in one of the student speeches.
• FFA students turned the tailgate of Tory's truck into a bench that will be placed outside the gym with his picture.
• High school administrators are holding a private graduation ceremony for Tory's family prior to the actual graduation.