Need help paying for career training, college? Check out scholarships with deadlines approaching
February 7, 2019
Editor’s note: Scholarship listings are compiled from information provided by Moffat County High School and other organizations. Unless other instructions are provided, visit MCHS Counselor Paula Duzik or call her at 970-824-7036 for more information and applications.
Local, state, and national organizations are beginning to release applications for annual scholarships. For a chance to receive help paying for college or trade school, it’s important to obtain, complete, and submit applications by the deadline. Following is a listing of scholarships due in February and March.
Due in February
• Feb. 15 — Alzheimer's Foundation of America is offering $5,000 college scholarships to high school seniors impacted by Alzheimer's disease. The annual Teens For Alzheimer's Awareness Scholarship Essay Contest is now accepting essays of 1,500 words, maximum, describing how Alzheimer's has affected students’ lives and how to make a difference in the fight against Alzheimer's disease in the future. Essays may be submitted by visiting AFA's website, alzfdn.org, and clicking on the "Teen Scholarship Essay Contest" tab in the top menu. Prizes will also be awarded for first-runner-up ($2,500), second-runner-up ($1,500), third runner-up ($1,000), fourth runner-up ($750), and honorable mention ($500).
Due in March
• March 15 — Colorado Garden Foundation is offering one four-year, full-ride scholarship to a senior attending a Colorado college and majoring in an agriculture-related field.
Recommended Stories For You
• March 15 — Colorado Masons is offering the Colorado Masons’ Benevolent Fund Scholarship to seniors. Amounts vary but can be up to $7,000 per year and renewable. Visit cmbfa.org for an application and information.
• March 15 — Craig Rotary Club is offering four $1,000 scholarships to seniors.
• March 26 — Craig Kiwanis Club is offering several scholarships to seniors and current college students
• March 26 — The family of Sarah Fleming and Craig Kiwanis Club is offering the Sarah Fleming Memorial Scholarship to seniors.
• March 29 — Moffat County 4-H Foundation is offering scholarships to seniors and current college students who have participated in 4-H and/or FFA.
• March 29 — The Family of Franklin "Pud" Stetson is offering a $1,500 memorial scholarship to a senior or current college student who participated in 4-H and/or FFA, has a 3.0 or higher grade point average, and will pursue a degree in agricultural or business.
• March 29 — PEO Chapter AJ is offering two $1,000 scholarships to senior girls.
• March 29 — Moffat County Sheriff's Office is offering one $1,000 scholarship to seniors.
• March 29 — Colorado County Clerks Association is offering scholarships to seniors.
• March 29 — Northwest Colorado Snowmobile Club is offering one $1,000 scholarship to seniors.
• March 31 — Bears Ears Sportsman Club and Yampa Valley Friends of the NRA and Bears Ears Sportsman Club are offering scholarships to seniors who have been involved in shooting sports.
More scholarship opportunities
• collegexpress.com offers several scholarships to seniors.
• Students interested in attending a trade school can apply for an Imagine America Scholarship at imagine-america.org/applyforscholarships.
• Visit collegecovered.com to learn more about financial aid