Murdoch’s in Craig evacuated due to gas leak | CraigDailyPress.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Murdoch’s in Craig evacuated due to gas leak

Craig Daily Press Staff Report
Murdoch's employees stand outside Wednesday morning as Craig Fire/Rescue firefighters arrived to address a gas leak in the back warehouse of the store.
Lauren Blair

— Murdoch’s Ranch & Home Supply employees were left out in the cold Wednesday morning when a gas leak caused the store to be evacuated.

Assistant Store Manager Mandy More was in the warehouse in the back of the store when she and a co-worker smelled gas.

“We started looking around and it got stronger as we got closer to the heater,” More said.

The building — located on West Victory Way and Colorado Highway 13 in Craig — was evacuated and the main gas line was turned off. Craig Fire/Rescue was called shortly after 10 a.m. Craig Police Department, Moffat County Sheriff’s Office and Atmos Energy also responded.

About 13 employees were waiting outside for the building to be cleared. Firefighters confirmed there was a small gas leak in the heater.


Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

Readers around Craig and Moffat County make the Craig Press’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.

For tax deductible donations, click here.
 

Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User