Moffat County’s Little Britches Rodeo kicks off Friday
If you go
What: Little Britches Rodeo
When: Friday through Sunday
Where: Moffat County Fairgrounds
Details: Events start at 2 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m. Saturday and 9 a.m. Sunday and include breakaway roping, barrel racing, goat tying and bull riding, among others. For more information, call 970-620-5051.
Craig — The annual Little Britches Rodeo is scheduled to take this place starting Friday as part of the festive spirit of the holiday weekend.
The rodeo events, which feature rough and tough competitors ranging from ages 5 to 18, will begin at 2 p.m. Friday with the Junior Boys and Girls, Senior Boys and Girls and Little Wrangler categories. Among the activities on the docket:
• Junior Boys: Breakaway roping, bull riding, dally ribbon roping, flag racing, goat tying, team roping
• Junior Girls: Barrel racing, breakaway roping, dally ribbon roping, goat tying, pole bending, team roping, trail course
• Little Wranglers: Barrel racing, flag racing, goat tail untying, pole bending
• Senior Boys: Bareback riding, bull riding, daily ribbon roping, saddle bronc riding, steer wrestling, team roping, tie-down roping
• Senior Girls: Barrel racing, breakaway roping, dally ribbon roping, goat tying, pole bending, team roping, trail course
Subsequent rounds will begin at 10 a.m. Saturday and 9 a.m. Sunday, followed by an awards ceremony in the afternoon.
Bev Salazar, a member of Little Britches’ Moffat County Committee, said there are several dozen applicants from multiple states ready to rope and ride, including a number of local kids. Although registration is down this year, partly because of other rodeo events scheduled, she expects a fun time nonetheless.
“It’s just a great family event,” she said.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Craig and Moffat County make the Craig Press’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User