Moffat County to review bids for fairground improvements
CRAIG — The Moffat County Fairgrounds might be seeing more improvements ahead of county’s 100th fair. During its regular meeting at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday, March 13, in the Moffat County Courthouse, the Board of County Commissioners will review bids to repair and replace stadium lights at the fairgrounds arena.
Last week, the BOCC signed a contract to replace water lines at the fairgrounds.
Other items on the BOCC agenda include the following.
• Announce an appointment to the Land Use Board.
• Hold a public hearing regarding a cellular tower on private land near Hamilton.
• Review a lease agreement for a communication tower on Bureau of Land Management land on Juniper Mountain.
• An annual agreement allowing a Craig woman to operate as a qualified childcare provider.
• An agreement and memorandum of understanding with the Department of Human Service’s attorney.
For a complete agenda and monthly schedule of workshops, visit colorado.gov/pacific/moffatcounty/county-commissioner-meetings.
A derailment in Craig Monday morning shut down a portion of tracks until crews could clear several train cars full of coal that had tipped over.