Moffat County to consider resolution celebrating electrical linemen
CRAIG- The Moffat County Board of County Commissioners will meet at 8:30 a.m. Monday, a day earlier than their usual weekly meeting. On Monday, the BOCC will consider recognizing electrical linemen in a resolution proclaiming the week of April 9 as Lineman Appreciation Week in Moffat County.
The BOCC will also take action on the following:
- Hold a public hearing at 9 a.m. regarding a communications tower in the Skull Creek area near Massadona
- Approve a state order that requires the county take specific action to correct violations found in a state inspection of the landfill
- Hear an update from the Browns Park School Alumni Association
- Consider a request to hire two temporary summer positions to assist with maintenance and care of the fairgrounds, cemetery and Loudy-Simpson Park
- Award a bid to farm land at Loudy-Simpson Park
- Approve a contract for substance abuse services with Mind Springs Health
- Approve a discharge monitoring report for a county gravel pit
- Approve the county treasurer’s report
- Hear a monthly report from the Road and Bridge Department
A learn-by-doing methodology was on display Friday at the Loudy-Simpson Park pond as Moffat County High School science students learned quickly whether or not they had a future in engineering.