Moffat County to consider resolution celebrating electrical linemen
CRAIG- The Moffat County Board of County Commissioners will meet at 8:30 a.m. Monday, a day earlier than their usual weekly meeting. On Monday, the BOCC will consider recognizing electrical linemen in a resolution proclaiming the week of April 9 as Lineman Appreciation Week in Moffat County.
The BOCC will also take action on the following:
- Hold a public hearing at 9 a.m. regarding a communications tower in the Skull Creek area near Massadona
- Approve a state order that requires the county take specific action to correct violations found in a state inspection of the landfill
- Hear an update from the Browns Park School Alumni Association
- Consider a request to hire two temporary summer positions to assist with maintenance and care of the fairgrounds, cemetery and Loudy-Simpson Park
- Award a bid to farm land at Loudy-Simpson Park
- Approve a contract for substance abuse services with Mind Springs Health
- Approve a discharge monitoring report for a county gravel pit
- Approve the county treasurer’s report
- Hear a monthly report from the Road and Bridge Department
The Craig Press caught up with six Moffat County High School grads who have enlisted in the military after graduation. We wanted to know a little more about their hopes and dreams, and what inspired them to serve their country.