Moffat County Scholarship Roundup: Application deadlines looming
Craig Press staff
Editor’s Note: Scholarship listings are compiled from information provided by Moffat County High School and other organizations. Unless other instructions are provided, visit MCHS Counselor Paula Duzik or call her at 970-824-7036 for more information and applications.
Due in April
• April 12 — The SAPP and Glen P. Sherman scholarships are offered to seniors who have demonstrated leadership in alcohol and drug abuse prevention.
• April 15 — Credit Union of Colorado Foundation is offering $50,000 in college scholarships. Ten $5,000 per year scholarships available for the 2019-2020 school year; deadline to apply is April 15. Eligibility for a scholarship is extended to students who are Colorado residents enrolled in, or scheduled to enter, an accredited college or university as an undergraduate taking at least 12 credit hours. Applicants must maintain a minimum 3.5 grade-point average on a 4.0 scale in high school or during the previous 12 months as a college undergraduate. Students should also demonstrate an active commitment to community service at their school or in their local community. More information, including application instructions, is available at http://www.cuofcofoundation.org/general-scholarships
• April 19 — Moffat County Search and Rescue is offering the Doug Vaughn Memorial Scholarship for $500. The ideal senior applicant would be planning to attend an accredited trade school or vocational tech school.
• April 22 —Students Insights is offering $11,000 worth of scholarships to seniors. Log on to http://www.student-view.com to complete the application.
• April 30 — The Cibrowski Family Foundation is offering scholarships to seniors who are pursuing a degree in engineering or chemistry. Applicants must have a 3.75 GPA and attend either Colorado School of Mines or the University of Denver.
For more scholarship opportunities, visit the following websites:
- Studentscholarships.org and scholarships.com continuously update scholarship opportunities.
- Collegexpress.com offers several scholarships to seniors.
- Students interested in attending a trade school can apply for an Imagine America Scholarship at imagine-america.org/applyforscholarships.
- Check out the website College Covered to learn more about Financial Aid at collegecovered.com.
Does your organization or school have scholarships available for students? Send scholarship information to email@example.com.
The C.R.A.I.G. Group has selected its final round of grantees for 2019.