Moffat County Commissioner June 24 meeting recap
At their weekly Tuesday meeting, Moffat County commissioners:
• Approved, 2-1 (Moffat County Commissioner John Kinkaid voted “nay”), in favor of donating a Shadow Mountain residential property to the Fuller Center for Housing for use of permanent housing for low-income individuals. The alternative option, which Kinkaid preferred, was to donate the property to LOVE Inc as a transitional housing facility.
• Approved, 3-0, sending a letter to the Honorable Gina McCarthy to encourage changing the EPA meetings from Denver to Moffat County.
• Approved, 3-0, to send a letter regarding the TransWest Line to the Bureau of Land Management. The letter would highlight the comments made during the BLM’s Environmental Impact Study from Moffat County.
• Approved, 3-0, the second quarter budget supplemental.
• Reviewed and approved, 3-0, the 2013 audit results, presented by Paul Backes of McMahon & Associates. The audit showed no discrepancies or problems.
• Discussed and approved, 3-0, the repair of the Loudy-Simpson Park ice rink resurfacer for $19,220 with Complete Ice Arena Services. The resurfacer needed a new transmission, but once replaced, the machine should run another 10 years, said Roy Tipton, head of Moffat County Development Services.
• Approved, 3-0, Resolution 2014-79, which updated the earned time-off policy for the county. Social Services Department employees used to be able to get 3.5 hours of paid time off for being on-call on holidays. That will be updated to one hour of paid time off.
• Approved, 3-0, Resolution 2014-80, which changes the compensatory time policy for the Road and Bridge Department temporarily to be capped at 160 hours instead of 80. Workers will be working longer shifts on the Maybell Bridge, and the extra hours will be an option instead of overtime. The hours expire by 2015.
• Discussed allowing a beer garden — hosted by the VFW — being at the Moffat County Balloon Festival. The BOCC agreed it would be a good feature, but the issue needed to be posted for an official hearing before approval.
• Signed pre-hospital care provider licenses for the EMS Council.
Contact Erin Fenner at 970-897-1794 or efenner@CraigDailyPress.com.