Moffat County commissioners to discuss opposition to Proposition 112
September 29, 2018
CRAIG – The Moffat County Board of County Commissioners will discuss its opposition to Proposition 112 during its regular meeting, starting at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday, Oct 2, at the Moffat County Courthouse, 221 Victory Way.
Proposition 112 deals with setback requirements for oil and gas development. The city of Craig has already announced its opposition to the ballot measure.
The commission’s resolution notes Colorado is ranked fifth in the nation for natural gas production and seventh in oil production, adding that Proposition 112 is opposed by both Democrats and Republicans, who say it will hurt Colorado’s energy sector.
The commission also will announce board appointments to the Local Marketing District, Maybell Volunteer Fire Department advisory board, and employee health insurance and retirement boards. County residents interested in filling those positions have submitted letters of interest.
Other business on the commission’s agenda:
• A presentation from Jessica Counts, with CSU Extension Office.
Recommended Stories For You
• A presentation from Open Hearts Advocates, who are expected to ask commissioners to declare October as Domestic Violence Awareness Month.
• An update from Yampa Valley Sustainability Council about its programs.
• Staff reports from the Human Services Department and Human Resources Department.
• Office of Development Services head Roy Tipton will present final payment and release letter to Mueller Construction for the Browns Park Swinging Bridge project.