Moffat County Commission takes action at Tuesday’s meeting
Craig — During its regularly scheduled meeting Tuesday, the Moffat County Commission:
• Approved, 3-0, a $0.0625 per gallon bid for magnesium chloride from Desert Mountain.
• Approved, 3-0, the appointment of Moffat County Commissioner Chuck Grobe to the Northwest Council of Governments Regional Broadband Strategic Plan Committee. Moffat County resident Audrey Danner declined the appointment.
• Approved, 3-0, Moffat County Department of Social Services’ Jan. 8 meeting minutes.
• Heard Department of Social Services update from Director Kerri Klein.
• Approved, 3-0, an amended agreement between Moffat County and Shell Western Exploration and Production LP for Colorado Highway 317 improvements and maintenance.
• Approved, 3-0, spending $44,985 on three trucks from Victory Motors for the Moffat County Sheriff’s Office.
• Discussed a resolution outlining the Moffat County Sheriff’s Office’s role for multi-agency wildfire management. The resolution will be presented next week for final approval.
• Approved, 3-0, accepting a $1,080,000 settlement with Questar.
• Approved, 3-0, a division order with Gulfport Energy.
• Approved, 3-0, a resolution amendment of oil and gas leases between Jack Overstreet and the Museum of Northwest Colorado changing the stipulated gross acreage to 443.77 acres.
New school record, outdone expectations at state mark bright future for Moffat County track and field
With Saturday bringing with it a new team record, a competition that nearly didn’t happen, and a bet with some slippery stakes, never let it be said that Moffat County High School track and field athletes don’t make their season exciting right up until the very end.