Moffat County Commission agenda for Dec. 23
December 20, 2008
Craig — Moffat County Commission
Last met: Tuesday, Dec. 16
• Approved a tax abatement for a section of the Pagoda Pipeline, which carries natural gas and is owned by county resident Lou Wyman. County Assessor Suzanne Brinks said that Wyman is not selling any gas from the line and only uses it for personal use at the Wyman Museum and surrounding buildings.
After consulting with Visual Lease Services, which helps the county value energy industry property, Brinks concluded Wyman’s gas line should be valued the same as other personal use lines.
The Commission approved her recommendation, which lowered Wyman’s property taxes from $6,259 to $311, which totals a $5,948 refund.
Recommended Stories For You
• Approved a $11,927 bid from Grand Junction-based Honnen Equipment for a Road and Bridge Department soil compactor, which will be attached to a backhoe. It was the only bid received, and although it was about $3,927 over budget, a Road and Bridge official said the department currently is $79,000 under budget on equipment expenses.
• Approved a one-year, $29,400 contract with Littleton-based ValueWest to conduct commercial appraisals in 2009. The contract was approved without a bid process.
Next meeting: Tuesday, Dec. 23
• 8:30 to 8:35 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• 8:35 to 8:45 a.m. Consent agenda
– Review and sign following documents: warrant resolutions, TANF services contract with Advocates-Crisis Support Services, contract agreement for architectural/engineering design services, Social Services department payroll
• 8:45 to 9 a.m. General discussion. Note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on the agenda.
• 9 to 9:15 a.m. Discussion with Bill Mack and Linda DeRose of the road and bridge department
– Present approval for final payment to LeFevre Building Systems for sand/salt building
– Present sand and gravel lease for Smith Rancho
• 9:15 to 9:30 a.m. Discussion with Tinneal Gerber, of administration
– Present 2009 office supply bids
• 9:30 to 9:45 a.m. Discussion with Lynette Running, of human resources
– Present personnel requisition for approval
– Present resolution for Christmas Eve early closure for signature
• 9:45 to 10 a.m. Land Use Board
– Present Prairie Dog Plan comments to Division of Wildlife for signature
• 10 to 10:30 a.m. Discussion with Marie Peer, of Social Services
– Review Nov. 18 minutes for revision or approval
– Community Services Block Grant
– Legal Services Memorandum of Understanding
– Monthly reports
• 10:30 to 10:45 a.m. Discussion with Jennifer Riley, of the Employee Retirement Board
– Present final treasury regulation under IRC section 415 for signature