Moffat County Commission agenda for April 21
Last met: Tuesday, April 14
• Approved, 3-0, a motion to table selecting a bid for constructing a picnic shelter at the Public Safety Center fishing pond.
The bids came in without costs for engineering work required by the city of Craig.
Commission Tom Gray said there shouldn’t be a lot of engineering work to build a roof over a concrete slab, but the city’s requirements could push the job from about $8,000 to around $10,000.
• Approved, 3-0, renewing the landfill voucher program, set to run from April 20 to Dec. 31. Residents may pick up their voucher from the County Treasurer’s Office starting Monday. Each voucher is good for one day of free trips to the landfill.
The program also allows county resident to bring tires without rims and home appliances to the landfill for free during Craig Cleanup Weekend on May 16 and 17.
• Approved, 3-0, a $23,943 bid for a large format digital scanner and plotter from LK Survey Instruments. The bid, which was the only one received, includes maintenance agreements for both equipment pieces.
• Approved, 3-0, a personnel requisition for a seasonal, part-time custodial technician for Loudy-Simpson Park. The position lasts May through August.
• Approved, 3-0, a $25,280 bid from Sterling-based Industrial Welding and Supply for a road and bridge department water tank. The commission also approved, 3-0, a second bid from Industrial Welding for $15,780 for a dump box and wet kit. Both bids were the lowest submitted.
Next meeting: Tuesday, April 21
• 8:30 to 8:35 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• 8:35 to 8:45 a.m. Consent Agenda
– Forest Service Cooperator Resource rate form
– Corrected conflict attorney contract for child support enforcement
– Social Services Department training contract
– Annual fire operating plan
– Renewal of Home Depot sales and use tax certificate
– The Memorial Hospital Phase II contract amendment with Colorado Department of Local Affairs
– Browns Park road maintenance agreement
– Contract addendum with Colorado West Regional Mental Health Center
• 8:45 to 9 a.m. General Discussion. Note that the commission may discuss any topic relevant to county business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on this agenda.
• 9 to 9:15 a.m. Discuss Routt County budget request regarding the 14th Judicial District Attorney’s Office
• 9:15 to 9:30 a.m. Discuss Whittle the Wood sponsorship
• 9:30 to 9:45 a.m. Public Safety Center, Sheriff Tim Jantz
– Present bid recommendation for fabrication of stairways and crossover steps for roof
• 9:45 to 10 a.m. Sheriff’s Office, Todd Wheeler
– Request funding for grant match monies for fire shelters
• 10 to 10:15 a.m. Human Resources Department, Jo Reed
– Present personnel requisitions for approval
• 10:15 to 11 a.m. Break
• 11 to 11:15 a.m. Parks and Recreation Department, Tammy Seela
– Present bid recommendation on soccer field irrigation parts, materials and sod
• 11:15 to 11:30 a.m. Break
• 11:30 a.m. to noon. County Attorney Kathleen Taylor
Possible executive session to be requested under C.R.S. Section 24-6-402(4) (b) conference with county attorney for the purpose of receiving legal advice on specific legal questions: old County Shop
The agenda is subject to change until 24 hours before scheduled hearings. The board may alter the times of the meetings throughout the day, or cancel, or reschedule noticed meetings.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Craig and Moffat County make the Craig Press’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User