Moffat County Commission agenda for April 13
Moffat County Commission meeting
8:30 a.m. today, Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
• 8:30 to 8:35 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• 8:35 to 8:45 a.m. Consent agenda
Participate in The Longevity Project
The Longevity Project is an annual campaign to help educate readers about what it takes to live a long, fulfilling life in our valley. This year Kevin shares his story of hope and celebration of life with his presentation Cracked, Not Broken as we explore the critical and relevant topic of mental health.
Review and sign the following documents: warrant resolution; seven, five-county core services mental health program contracts; five-county core services Life Skills program contract; core services substance abuse services contract addendum; courthouse flooring contract; social services department payroll; landfill software and fairbanks scale indicator; lawn mowing services contract; Colorado Works program substance abuse services addendum.
• 8:45 to 8:55 a.m. General discussion.
Note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on the agenda.
• 8:55 to 9 a.m. Announce Moffat County Tourism Association board seat selections.
• 9 to 9:15 a.m. Discussion with Ted Lindtveit, of Colorado Technical Services, Inc.
• 9:15 to 9:30 a.m. Discussion with Tammy Seela, of the parks and recreation department.
Award bid for Loudy-Simpson Park soccer field restroom construction.
• 9:30 to 10 a.m. Discussion with Bill Mack and Linda DeRose, of the road and bridge department.
Present bid recommendation for concrete work on Brown’s Park swinging bridge project.
• 10 to 10:15 a.m. Discussion with Lynette Running, of the human resources department.
Present personnel requisition.
• 10:15 to 10:30 a.m. Discussion with Jeff Comstock, of the natural resources department, and county attorney Kathleen Taylor.
Discuss possible hiring of outside council for county road litigation
• 10:30 to 11 a.m. Break
• 11 to 11:15 a.m. Discussion with Suzanne Brinks, of the assessor’s office.
Present abatement petition for Lonnie and Lorraine Kawcak.
• 11:15 to 11:30 a.m. Discussion with Dan Davidson, of the Museum of Northwest Colorado
Present three oil and gas leases for signature
• 11:30 a.m. to noon Discussion with Jerry Hoberg, of the planning and zoning department.
Long Minor Subdivision
Precision Excavating/Peroulis Brothers gravel pit conditional use permit
The agenda is subject to change until 24 hours before scheduled hearings. The board may alter the times of the meetings throughout the day, or cancel or reschedule noticed meetings.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Craig and Moffat County make the Craig Press’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Editor’s note: This story was updated at 6:45 p.m. to include a response from the Bureau of Land Management’s national office.