Moffat County commissioners to discuss tourism association director’s salary
CRAIG — The Moffat County Board of County Commissioners will meet at 10 a.m. Tuesday, March 6, in the Moffat County Courthouse, a departure from the board’s regular 8:30 a.m. start time.
Commissioners are expected to consider a salary correction that would raise Moffat County Tourism Association director Tom Kleinschnitz’s salary by $2,342.36, annually. Kleinschnitz’s salary would remain less than the MCTA intended to offer him, according to the MCTA’s Dec. 6 minutes.
MCTA minutes show the organization intended to offer Klienschnitz a salary of $45,000 per year. This amount was overlooked when developing January’s supplemental budget, the resolution which adjusts how county money was allocated.
The proposed change would pay Kleinschnitz a salary of $44,412, which is the closest step to the intended $45,000 in the county pay structure for Kleinschnitz’s pay grade. Including salary and fringe benefits, Kleinschnitz’s pay would increase from $57,462 to $59,805 per year.
Other items on the commissioners’ agenda include the following.
• Resolutions for payment and transfer of payroll warrants
• A request for approval of a new program in the Department of Human Services, the Chaffee Foster Care Independence Program. The program would help youth transition out of foster care.
• Approval of a contract with X Field Services for the Moffat County Fairgrounds water line project
• Consideration of the 2018 fee schedule for county facilities and services
• A request for a liquor license transfer for High Mountain Munchies at Yampa Valley Golf Course
• Discussion about a land lease for a communications tower on Juniper Mountain
Colorado Northwestern Community College will host a free presentation from 5:15 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Saturday, July 20 to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing.