Moffat County BOCC approves adjustment to tourism association director’s salary
CRAIG — In a brief meeting Tuesday, the Moffat County Board of County Commissioners approved a pay correction for the position of Moffat County Tourism Association director.
The correction increased Moffat County Tourism Association director Tom Kleinschnitz’s salary by $2,342.36, annually. Kleinschnitz’s salary remains less than the MCTA intended to offer him, according to the MCTA’s Dec. 6 minutes.
MCTA minutes show the organization intended to offer Klienschnitz a salary of $45,000 per year. This amount was overlooked when developing January’s supplemental budget, the resolution which adjusted how county money was allocated.
The proposed change will pay Kleinschnitz a salary of $44,412, which is the closest step to the intended $45,000 in the county pay structure for someone in Kleinschnitz’s pay grade. Including salary and fringe benefits, Kleinschnitz’s pay has increased from $57,462 to $59,805 per year.
The BOCC also approved the following during Tuesday’s meeting.
• Resolutions for payment and transfer of payroll warrant.
• Approved a new program in the Department of Human Services, the Chaffee Foster Care Independence Program. The program would help youth transition out of foster care.
• Approved of a contract with X Field Services for the Moffat County Fairgrounds water line project.
• Approved the 2018 fee schedule for county facilities and services.
• Approved the issuance of a temporary liquor license for Bar for the Course Pub and Grill, the new restaurant at the Yampa Valley Golf Course.
Commissioner Frank Moe was absent from the BOCC meeting to attend a meeting in Washington D.C.