Moffat County Board of Education: Schools in need of upgraded facilities
Craig — Over the past year and a half, the Moffat County School Board has pondered the facility needs of our school district.
We had comprehensive facilities evaluations done by professional engineers to determine what must be done to make our schools safe, energy efficient and technologically modernized.
Our staff also recommended educationally appropriate changes for the students today and for the future. Our goal is to provide the very best learning environment for the students and ensure the cost to our taxpayers is reasonable.
We prioritized the following items:
• Repair existing buildings to extend their lives and reduce energy and maintenance costs
• Increase safety by constructing safe entrances and by bringing fire protection up to code
• Upgrade outdated technology infrastructure and replace equipment
• Construct new classrooms and other educational spaces at Craig Middle School while preserving the existing auditorium, gym and shop areas
• Renovate and retrofit the existing intermediate school and the three elementary schools to include preschool through fifth grade. We have pared the costs down to what we feel are the absolute essentials for our students and the community. We feel this is an investment, which will benefit the entire community, as well as provide a better learning situation for the students.
We hope you will inform yourselves about the issue and will support our decisions about providing upgraded facilities for Moffat County Schools. For more information check our Web site at http://www.ourkidsourcommunity.com. Also feel free to contact a Board member or Dave DeRose (824- 4840) or J.B. Chapman (824-8549), who are the co-chairs of the Citizens for Moffat County Schools.
Moffat County Board of Education:
Jo Ann Baxter, Steve Hafey, Rod Durham, Andrea Camp, Sandie Johns, Trish Snyder, Karen Stillion
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Craig and Moffat County make the Craig Press’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User