Moffat County Board of County Commissioners fills Aging, Employee Heath Insurance Boards
January 24, 2018
CRAIG — The Moffat County Board of County Commissioners appointed applicants to the Area Council on Aging and the Employee Health Insurance Board during its regular meeting, held Wednesday morning.
Neil Folks and Shauana Merrill were appointed to four-year terms on the Area Council on Aging, and Linda Peters was appointed to an alternate seat on the Employee Health Insurance Board for a three-year term.
The board tabled discussion about a public policy services engagement agreement that would pay a company $25,000 for training, guidance in developing a "database of community opinion shapers," assembling a list of active voters and assisting in development of a budget and timeline for a public policy program.
The firm would also advise the BOCC in communicating with voters and opinion shapers through mailings and surveys delivered via phone and the mail. The BOCC is set to discuss the proposed agreement during its regular meeting on Tuesday, Jan. 30.
The BOCC also approved a lease agreement between Memorial Regional Health and Tetra Financial Group LLC for imaging equipment and telephones. The county government has no money in the deal, but, as a county hospital, MRH is required by law to receive the BOCC's approval to enter a lease agreement.
Commissioners also approved the consent agenda, which included payment warrants for county employees, an Emergency Management Program Grant application, Highway Use Tax Mileage, county discharge monitoring and a contracted account specialist in the county assessor's office.
Recommended Stories For You
The BOCC heard quarterly and year-end reports from the Craig/Moffat Economic Development Partnership and an update on broadband efforts from CMEDP Director Michelle Balleck.
Several positions on community boards remain vacant, including the following.
• The Finance Corp has two positions open for three-year terms.
• The Hamilton Community Center Board has one seat and one alternative seat open for a three-year term.
• The Land Use Board has one alternate seat open for a three-year term, which must be filled by a Moffat County landowner.
• Moffat County Tourism Association has an alternate seat open for a three-year term, which must be filled by someone employed in a tourism-related industry.
• The Museum of Northwestern Colorado Board has an opening for an alternate seat in a three-year term.
• The Planning and Zoning Commission has one seat and one alternative seat open for a three-year term.