MCTA to elect officers during meeting Wednesday, Jan. 9
CRAIG — Officers to serve in 2019 will be elected when the Moffat County Tourism Association meets at 3 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 9, on the second floor of the Bank of Colorado, 250 W. Victory Way.
Craig Chamber of Commerce board member Randy Looper will appear before the MCTA board with a presentation about the Moffat County Visitors Center.
Board members are also expect to:
• Review and approve the organization’s financials.
• Approve meeting minutes from December.
• Review minutes from the January committee meeting.
• Hear a report from Special Projects Committee Chair Larry Hoover about the planning of a 2019 trade show in Denver and the Outdoor Expo, set for Feb. 9 and 10 in Grand Junction.
• Consider approval of $500 for a Yampa Valley Trail video project.
• Take individual and group photographs.
The monthly report by Executive Director Tom Kleinschnitz will include information about the Experience Colorado’s Great Northwest week, set for May 4 through 11.
The public will be provided with opportunities to address the board at the beginning and at the end of the meeting.
To learn more about the MCTA, visit colorado.gov/pacific/moffatcounty/moffat-county-local-marketing-district-2.
New school record, outdone expectations at state mark bright future for Moffat County track and field
With Saturday bringing with it a new team record, a competition that nearly didn’t happen, and a bet with some slippery stakes, never let it be said that Moffat County High School track and field athletes don’t make their season exciting right up until the very end.