Light fixtures likely cause of residential fire | CraigDailyPress.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Light fixtures likely cause of residential fire

Paul Shockley

Firefighters found two blown electrical breakers on the side of a west-end home damaged Thursday evening by a fire.

Craig Fire and Rescue personnel responded with three engines to 844 Exmoor Road just after 5 p.m. Smoke billowed from the home’s roof as firefighters arrived on the scene. Authorities found the fire by creating an access hole leading to the attic on one side of the home. The fire was at a smolder by that point, officials said.

“It had to be burning a long time,” said Craig Fire Chief Roy Mason, adding that several trestles were destroyed.

Mason pointed to a light fixture near a hallway and bedroom in the home as the likely source. The owners are remodeling, and the suspected light fixture had been moved recently, he added.

Two dogs were removed by firefighters from the residence and taken to neighbors. No one was home at the time, and there were no injuries.

Damage, which also included torn-down sheet rock and insulation, is estimated between $9,000 and $12,000, Mason said.


Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

Readers around Craig and Moffat County make the Craig Press’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.

For tax deductible donations, click here.
 

Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User