Kidney walk participants seek donations
September 10, 2018
The National Kidney Foundation will host the Denver Kidney Walk, beginning at 8:45 a.m. Sunday, Oct. 14, at Sloan's Lake, and participants are asking for donations to help support the fundraising effort.
According to a news release from the National Kidney Foundation, the walk, which is held in nearly 100 communities across the United States, raises awareness of kidney disease and funds lifesaving programs that educate and support patients, their families, and those at risk.
The National Kidney Foundation reports that more than 80 percent of every dollar donated directly supports programs and services, including the following.
• Educating Americans through multimedia public awareness initiatives about kidney disease and ways to reduce the risk.
• Empowering those at risk to take action at free, local kidney health screenings.
• Supporting kidney patients, organ donors, and their families through personal peer mentoring.
Recommended Stories For You
• Advocating as the voice of kidney patients in Washington, DC.
• Sharing the latest treatment information and practices with health care providers, so patients receive the best possible care.
Donations are tax-deductible.
To contribute, visit donate.kidney.org/site/TR?pg=pfind&fr_id=8885.