Updated: One person injured in Craig house fire | CraigDailyPress.com

Updated: One person injured in Craig house fire

Craig Press staff
Fire fighters stand near hoses taken into a house on Taylor street were one person was injured in a fire in the early morning hours Saturday, Jan. 13.
Doug Slaight for Craig Fire/Rescue/courtesy

CRAIG — A woman sustained minor burn injuries to her hands during a house fire Saturday morning on Taylor Street.

Firefighters responded to the fire just before 4 a.m. The blaze was caused by an overloaded electric circuit, said Moffat County Sheriff KC Hume.

“The fire was contained to paneling and the wall surface in the basement,” he said.

The fire was extinguished by the time firefighters arrived, and damage was reported as minimal.

One person was transported by Memorial Regional Health Emergency Medical Service for treatment of her injuries.

Craig Fire/Rescue, MRH EMS and Craig Police Department responded to the call.