Help available to develop registered apprentice programs
April 8, 2018
CRAIG — The registered apprenticeship model gives employers an opportunity to build a workforce trained to meet their specific skill needs. Apprenticeships offer flexible training solutions, aligned with national and company-specific standards, resulting in a well-skilled, well-rounded worker ready for a professional career in the company.
Registered apprenticeships help businesses thrive. For every dollar spent on apprenticeships, employers receive an average of $1.47 back in increased productivity, according to the U.S. Department of Labor.
According to the Colorado Rural Workforce Consortium, apprenticeships also:
- Develop highly-skilled, highly productive employees;
- Increase safety in the workplace;
- Create a more diverse workforce and new pool of workers;
- Reduce turnover rates Increase productivity; and,
- Lower recruitment costs
A business services representative at the workforce center can work to:
- Understand the registered apprenticeship training and employment model;
- Identify roles within an organization that align to existing apprenticeship programs;
- Connect appropriate resources to assist with creating and maintaining a program; and,
- Assist with recruiting candidates and making program updates as workforce needs evolve.
To learn more about the registered apprenticeships program, call the Workforce Center at 970-824-3246.