Heat gun used to unfreeze pipes causes small fire in Craig | CraigDailyPress.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Heat gun used to unfreeze pipes causes small fire in Craig

Craig Press staff report

CRAIG — Firefighters were called Wednesday, Jan. 2, to assist with a small fire that was apparently caused when a person at Timberglen Apartments in Craig used a heat gun in an attempt to unfreeze pipes.

The person was attempting to thaw pipes on the outside of an apartment unit using a heat gun when they set the boiler room — the closet containing the hot water heater — on fire. A resident was able to extinguish the flames, Craig Fire Rescue Lieutenant Chris Mercer said.

When firefighters arrived, the fire was out but still smoking, prompting them to check for active fire and use portable water extinguishers to cool hot spots still smoldering inside the cabinet, Mercer said.

In addition to Craig Fire Rescue, the Craig Police Department and Memorial Regional Health Emergency Medical Services were among the agencies responding to the fire.


Support Local Journalism

Readers around Craig and Moffat County make the Craig Press’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.

For tax deductible donations, click here.
 


Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User