Healthy Eating: Easy ways to make kale yummy
January 30, 2015
Incorporating kale into your diet is a wonderful way to boost your health.
Here are some suggestions for how to add kale into your daily diet:
• One classic preparation to complement any dinner is sautéed kale with garlic and olive oil.
• Simple steamed kale with a drizzle of olive oil or dab of butter and salt can add some green to your breakfast plate alongside scrambled eggs.
• For a sweet treat, try adding a few raw leaves of kale to a smoothie with a banana and some frozen fruit. You'll hardly even know it's there.
• Chopped kale makes an excellent addition to nearly any soup.
Recommended Stories For You
• Try sneaking kale into dishes such as enchiladas, pasta dishes or pasta sauce, quiches, breakfast burritos, and meatloaf or burgers.
• For a delicious raw kale salad, squeeze the juice of one to two lemons over a pile of chopped kale. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt, and massage the kale until the leaves break down, which tenderizes the raw kale.